Friday, July 10, 2015

About my Fund For Teachers fellowship

I am so grateful to teach my favorite subject of art to hundreds of elementary students each year! Art education is my passion, and research has shown that art classes develop students' creativity, critical thinking skills, and their understanding about the world. Art also relates naturally to many other subject areas like Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
I believe every child deserves a quality art education from teachers who continue to model lifelong learning. Thanks to a Fund For Teachers grant, I was able to travel to France in June of 2015 to see amazing art and antiquities and research art and architecture in the best possible way! While on my visit, I captured whatever I could with 3D scans, photos, 360ยบ panoramas, photographs, and videos. Bringing back this technology will enable me to further integrate STEM into the art curriculum (STEAM- add Art to STEM) and will support unique learning experiences for my students!

Thank you, Fund For Teachers, for aiding these endeavors!