Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Day 8 / Picasso Museum and Rodin Museum

There are so many museums to visit in France! I chose to visit the Picasso Museum, since he is one of my all-time favorite artists, and his work really goes over well with my students.  They enjoy the bright colors and his abstract style.




I'm already thinking of a million ideas for how to use the information gleaned from this exhibit with my students in art class! Not only were there a great number of Picasso's pieces in this museum, but there were also many pieces by other famous artists.

These are the parts that fit into the torso of a piece by Rodin. I think my students will find his interesting.

A Rodin sculpture without the arm yet.

The Thinker by Rodin.

Rodin was a master at capturing expression within his figures.

The Rodin Museum was also a great experience. Outside of the museum, there is a beautiful garden filled with life-size and larger than life-size sculptures by Rodin. Another full day of art in the lovely Paris, France!

No comments:

Post a Comment